CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Camp Crucis!

Well, I'm back! & I have soo much to say(cause I haven't written in 11 days)! To start off, NO MORE 6TH GRADE!!! NO MORE MEAN MATH TEACHERS!!! YAAAAAY!!! & I've already had a good start to my summer! Actually, the 1st week of summer, I was gone at camp(starting on the 9th, ending on the 12th)! It was soo much fun, and, this was actually the 1st year I got to go to the camp, because you have to be at least twelve to go. It's 1 of the camps that my church has(the only one for girls), & they actually have used different camps in the past, but the one they are using now is called Camp Crucis. But, because it's an all-girls camp, all of us girls at church just call it "Girl's Camp". It was a lot of fun, even though it was really short :( Me & some of my friends, Kirsten W., Lauren, Mary, & Sami, were all 1st-years, so we all got in the same cabin(I got the top bunk right by the A.C. :)). My other friends, Madi B., Morgan, Kirsten M., & Langleigh(Langleigh came a day late), were all 2nd-years, so they got a cabin of their own. However, even though we had different cabins, they were right next to each other! That was fun, because on the 2nd day, during afternoon rotations, we were supposed to go horseback-riding, & then have free time, but there was a problem with the horses, so instead, we had a 2 1/2 hour-long free time! We had a party in my cabin, & we were having a bunch of snacks(my mom got me a bag of candy, because she came to camp(she teaches the oldest class at church)), . It was soo much fun, but the party got ended abruptly, because we started putting Lauren's stuff up in the rafters(you could still reach them, & Lauren was somewhere else), & we found a DEAD MOUSE up in the rafters! We were totally freaking out(& we took down all of Lauren's stuff really fast)! It was really gross. :-p But, apart from that, we had the best time ever, & I can't wait until I get to go again next year! GO CAMP CRUCIS! P.S. I had a great time & all, but there was one problem: by the time I got home at midnight(the camp's in Granbury, an hour and fifteen minutes from my house), I was soo sleep-deprived, I was crying! I had never been so happy to get a hot shower & sleep in my own, soft bed! Guess I'm not a big outdoorsy girl! LOL!

0 comments: